The Season of Anticipation
Christmas related activities
St. Mark’s encourages everyone to reflect on the significance of the Christmas holiday season. Here’s a partial list of activities that are intended to be shared with family, friends, neighbors and the community at large.
- AVENTure — A make and take craft fair — Sunday, December 3, 11:30pm to 3:00pm, MacMurdo Hall — Choose from more than 20 tables to make decorations (for gifts or personal holiday décor). Music will fill the air, and there will be fun for everyone ‒ all for free! All ages are invited to join in the fun. This is a First Sunday Brunch, immediately after church. On the menu: Brunch casserole, fruit and coffee cake. Share in a a delicious meal and time of fellowship while making crafts. There is no set fee for the brunch, but donations are accepted.
- Neighborhood Christmas Caroling — Sunday, December 10, 10am, Wesley Hall
- Christmas Cabaret – Choral and instrumental celebration in a fun round table seating format — Sunday, December 17, 4:00pm, MacMurdo Hall – Carol singalongs, special musical performances, seasonal treats enjoyed from the comfort of informal 60-inch round tables with fun holiday décor. Combined choirs, ensembles and instrumentalists paired with decorated tables and tasty goodies. All are welcome.
- Christmas Eve Worship – Three distinctly styled services commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ – Sunday, December 24, 10am (family service), 8:00pm (Lessons and Carols) and 11:00pm (Midnight communion)
- First Sunday after Christmas Worship – Sunday, December 31, 10:00am (Worship Service), 11:00pm (Watchnight Service)