St. Mark’s United Methodist Church – Convenant of Reconciliation
Adopted May 2006
- We believe that all persons are recipients of God’s love and grace, and are infinitely and equally worthy.
- We proclaim that all women, men and children are created in the image of God and that all are children of God.
- We affirm and welcome the participation of bisexual, gay, intersex, lesbian, transgender and all other sexual and gender minorities in all aspects of the community of faith in our church home.
- We likewise welcome persons of any age, race, ethnicity, culture, economic condition, physical or mental ability. We embrace and seek to affirm the beautiful, amazing diversity of God’s creation.
- We pray and hope our affirmation of the wholeness of all people will bring reconciliation and understanding to all.
- We profess to be a Reconciling Congregation proclaiming God’s grace and dignity for all people.